Introduction
I set up this blog as part of my ICT course assignment in semester 3. The task was to create and maintain a blog documenting my university work. I chose Blogger because it was free and straightforward to use. The whole setup took a few hours, and I learned more about how blogging platforms work than I expected.
Background
When I started, I didn't know much about Blogger beyond the fact that it existed. I created the account, chose a theme called Emporio Porcelain, and began customizing the layout. I added pages like Home, About Me, and Contact. I also set up labels to organize posts by semester and course.
The assignment asked me to create a blog. So I document my university coursework, and I made sure the blog description clearly stated that. I also set up a privacy policy and terms of use pages using a free template generator, even though I'm not sure anyone will read them yet.
Key Points
Created a Blogger account and linked to a Google account for settings access
Added five static pages: Home, About Me, Contact, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use
Set up labels organized by semester and course name for post categorization
Disabled comments on static pages and customized search engine description
Configured custom permalinks for posts so URLs don't include post numbers
Key Takeaway
I thought setting up a blog would be as simple as clicking a button. Instead, I had to make decisions about design, content organization, and what information to include. The hardest part was understanding the difference between pages and posts in Blogger. Pages are separate sections like "About Me", while posts are the actual content I'll publish in the form of an article. I almost mixed them up. Next time, I'd plan the structure before jumping into customization.
Link to Guide: Blogger Official Guide
Created a Blogger account and linked to a Google account for settings access
Added five static pages: Home, About Me, Contact, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use
Set up labels organized by semester and course name for post categorization
Disabled comments on static pages and customized search engine description
Configured custom permalinks for posts so URLs don't include post numbers
Comments
Post a Comment