Introduction
Excel is important for accounting and finance students. I have been using it more this semester and picked up some skills that make work easier. Here are the ones I find most useful.
Background
I use Excel for calculations, organising data, and preparing simple reports. I learned most of these by trial and error while practising.
Link to Guide: Microsoft Excel Essential Functions
Key Points
VLOOKUP helps me pull data from other sheets quickly.
SUMIFS is useful when I need totals based on conditions.
PivotTables let me summarise data fast.
Absolute references with dollar signs stop my formulas from breaking when I copy them.
Conditional Formatting makes numbers easier to read.
Shortcuts like Ctrl + Shift + L for filters and Alt + = for AutoSum save time.
Data Validation prevents wrong entries.
I still get stuck sometimes with wrong ranges in formulas.
Key Takeaway
These Excel skills help me work faster, but I still make basic mistakes. I understand now that good Excel habits come from regular practice. I wish I had focused on these earlier. They are more useful than many theoretical topics for daily student work.
Check my Latest Post on Psychology Concepts That Actually Help (or Don't) in Class
VLOOKUP helps me pull data from other sheets quickly.
SUMIFS is useful when I need totals based on conditions.
PivotTables let me summarise data fast.
Absolute references with dollar signs stop my formulas from breaking when I copy them.
Conditional Formatting makes numbers easier to read.
Shortcuts like Ctrl + Shift + L for filters and Alt + = for AutoSum save time.
Data Validation prevents wrong entries.
I still get stuck sometimes with wrong ranges in formulas.
Comments
Post a Comment