Student Wellness Hub – Our Group ICT Project on Mental Health Awareness

Introduction

Hey, Bushra here. 3rd semester BS Accounting & Finance student in Karachi. In our Applications of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) course this semester, we had a group project to create a digital awareness campaign. Our team chose student mental health because university pressure is real assignments, exams, and everything in between. We built the Student Wellness Hub as a simple support space for students. It was proper group work where everyone contributed, and I handled my parts while learning how these things actually come together.



Background

The project required us to use digital tools to raise awareness about academic stress, anxiety, sleep issues, and basic resilience tips. As a group we created a Wix website and a Facebook page. It started as a class assignment but turned into something useful. We faced small challenges like Instagram verification issues, but we focused on what we could deliver. I contributed to the website content and layout, while other group members handled different sections.

Here’s what we launched:

Key Points

  • We divided tasks in the group. One member worked on exam anxiety content, another on sleep routines, and I helped with overall layout, adding resources, and making sure it looked clean.
  • Wix was beginner-friendly with drag-and-drop features, which made building the site manageable even for non-tech people.
  • We kept everything free and accessible since most students don’t have extra budget for paid tools.
  • The Facebook page helps with easy sharing in our university circles.
  • Group coordination taught me the importance of clear communication, especially when everyone has other courses.
  • We tried setting up Instagram but got stuck on video selfie verification, so we stuck with the website and FB page.

Key Takeaway

Working on this group project showed me how digital tools can actually help students facing the same struggles I do. It wasn’t perfect. I initially overcomplicated some designs and we had coordination hiccups but seeing the final live site felt rewarding. Next time I’d suggest starting social accounts earlier to avoid verification delays. As accounting students we deal with tight deadlines, but this reminded me that mental health needs attention too.

Check my Latest Post on The Hustle Trap – My Personal Awareness Campaign Exploration

Comments