Introduction
Hi again, it’s Bushra. 3rd semester BS Accounting & Finance student from Karachi. After finishing our group ICT project on Student Wellness Hub, I got interested in awareness campaigns in general. So I decided to explore one on my own: The Hustle Trap. It’s about how constant grind culture, peer pressure, and quick-success myths can lead to burnout and bad decisions, especially for students. This wasn’t a course project just me trying things individually to learn more.
Background
I wanted to understand how to create simple awareness content beyond class requirements. The Hustle Trap focuses on risks like financial scams targeting students, social media pressure, and the myth that non-stop hustling equals success. I built a Wix website and set up an Instagram business profile. This was completely personal done in my free time between assignments. It ties into my finance studies because hustle culture often pushes risky money choices.
Wix Website: https://thehustletrap.wixsite.com/site
Instagram Business Profile: https://www.instagram.com/thehustletrap_official
Key Points
- Used Wix again because I was comfortable with it from the group project. It's easy to add sections on scam red flags and balanced ambition.
- Set up Instagram business profile to test content ideas around hustle trap warnings.
- Covered practical topics like common scam tactics, how to verify opportunities, and why rest matters.
- Faced similar verification hurdles as in the group project but handled it solo.
- As a finance student, it made me reflect on how hustle pressure leads to poor financial decisions.
- Focused on honest, simple messages suitable for Pakistani students in competitive environments.
- Built everything myself. Content, layout, and basic planning which showed me my own pace and limits.
- Learned that awareness work needs patience and consistency even when it’s not graded.
Key Takeaway
Creating The Hustle Trap individually helped me see the effort behind awareness campaigns. I spent too much time tweaking designs at first instead of focusing on content, and verification issues slowed things down, but I’m glad I pushed through. It opened my eyes to hustle culture realities in our education system. This personal project feels meaningful because it connects my studies to real-life traps around money and mental space. Small solo experiments like this build confidence for future work.
Check my Latest Post on Student Wellness Hub – Our ICT group project


Comments
Post a Comment